IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the Control for HDMI function of your Soundbar is off, sound may not be output depending on your TV model. To turn on the Control for HDMI function follow the steps below:
HT-X8500 / HT-S350/SD35
On the remote control, press and hold the VOICE button for five seconds.
You can check the status of the indicators as follows:
Control for HDMI On/Off HT-X8500 HT-S350 and HT-SD35 Control for HDMI is On HDMI and BLUETOOTH indicators flash BLUETOOTH indicator flashes twice Control for HDMI is Off Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X indicators flash BLUETOOTH indicator flashes once
- On the remote control, press the MENU button.
- When SPEAKER is displayed, select HDMI.
- Select CONTROL FOR HDMI.
- Select ON.
- Press the MENU button to exit the menu.
- If you want to output sound with the Control for HDMI turned off, connect the TV and Soundbar using an HDMI cable and an optical digital cable. Check the Connecting a TV section of the Startup Guide of your Soundbar for more information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- HDMI cable
- Optical digital cable
- HDMI IN jack on the TV
- Optical Digital Out jack on the TV
- HDMI OUT jack on the Sound Bar
- TV IN (OPTICAL) jack on the Sound Bar