If you are unable to get a picture or the picture is not output correctly from the Blu-ray Disc player using an HDMI connection, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Verify that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the TV and the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Make sure the television is set to the proper input. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the correct HDMI input is displayed on the TV. Make sure that you check which input on the TV you are connecting to.
NOTE: The location of the Input button on your remote and the number and names of the inputs may be different on your TV.
- The video output resolution of the Blu-ray Disc player may be set to an option that is not compatible with the TV. Reset the resolution to the lowest setting by one of the following steps depending on your model.
- On the front of the Blu-ray Disc player, press and hold the STOP button for just over 10 seconds
- Press STOP - HOME - POP UP/MENU on the remote controller to reset the output video resolution to the lowest resolution (available for the latest model as of 2015)
- Press the VIDEO FORMAT button on the remote controller repeatedly until the picture appears correctly (only available for some models)
- Press and hold the Volume - (Volume down) button and the Play button together (only available for some models)
NOTE: Once the video signal appears, the video output resolution setting can be adjusted from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player.