Questions & Answers: 305
- What is the difference between Reset Default / Camera Settings Reset and Factory Reset / Initialize?NOTE: The functions that can be selected differ depending on the camera. Reset Default / Camera Settings Reset function Only reset the shooting settings of the camera to their default settings. Initialize function
- Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories Home This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for PlayMemories Home. If your questions aren't covered in this article, don't hesitate to type your query in the search bar on the
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- What is Remote Camera Control and where can I get it?The Remote Camera Control application allows you to operate a camera from the computer using a USB connection. By operating Remote Camera Control installed in your computer, you can change the shooting settings
- How can I shoot in RAW using the Smart Remote Control app?Selecting RAW format for images must be done after starting the Smart Remote Control app on the camera and connecting your Android or iPhone device. Follow these steps: NOTE: Menu step and the images shown are for
- What is the PlayMemories Camera Apps Smart Remote Control?Smart Remote Control works with the PlayMemories Mobile app on an Apple iOS or Android smartphone/tablet or a Windows 8.1 64 bit VAIO computer. It allows wireless control of cameras that have built-in Wi-Fi capability
- Can the camera be connected to a TV for viewing images?There are several ways to view images form the camera on TV, depending on the features of both devices. Please check your manual for supported features. If the TV has a USB jack that supports Mass Storage Devices
- How do I import or transfer photos and videos to a computer with PlayMemories Home?Select an option: Cyber-shot Windows USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external HDD (Hard Disk Drive) Mac USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external
- The camera takes longer to respond when using the Smart Remote Control appIf the camera is taking too long to respond when trying to use the Smart Remote Control app, update the camera firmware and Smart Remote Control app to the latest version.