To uninstall and reinstall a camera USB driver from Device Manager
- Connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable.
- Turn on the camera.
- Open the Device Manager of the operating system.
- In the Device Manager window, at the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers, click the PLUS (+) symbol.
- Under Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click Sony DSC or USB Mass Storage Device to display the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click Uninstall or Remove.
- In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: After the restart, the computer should recognize the camera connection and begin reinstalling the USB driver.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete reinstallation of the USB driver.