To attach an accessory lens or filter, follow the steps below.
IMPORTANT: Some cameras require a lens adapter ring to connect accessory lenses and filters. In addition, some cameras have a lens ring that should be removed before the adapter ring can be attached to the camera. Consult the instruction manual of the camera for model-specific information.
- Remove the lens cover from the front of the camera.
- If applicable, remove the lens ring from the camera.
- If applicable, attach the lens adapter ring to the camera.
- Position the accessory lens or filter over the internal lens on the front of the camera.
- Attach the accessory lens or filter to the camera.
- Depending on the model of camera, the accessory lens or filter may simply snap into place or it may need to be turned clockwise until it is firmly attached to the camera.
[A] Snap-in Lens or Filter
[B] Clockwise Lens or Filter Attachment
- Some lens filters feature threads on both the inside and outside of the ring that will allow an accessory lens to be attached at the same time. The filter needs to be installed on the camera first, then the accessory lens is connected to the filter.