About this download
Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Incar multimedia system.Please read carefully the following instructions.
- Date released: 10/04/2013
- Name: Firmware update for XAV-601BT / XAV-701BT / XAV-741
- Applicable models: XAV-601BT, XAV-701BT, XAV-741
- Benefits and improvements:
- Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy NoteII will be added as compatible device
- Adding the MirrorLink Full-Screen mode
- Adding controllability by remote commander
- User interface
- Adding the function to return to the playback screen from the Home screen
- Bluetooth Hands-free phone (except XAV-741)
- Increasing the number of contacts in the stored phonebook
- Voice command (except XAV-741)
- Supporting the Voice Command function
- The unit will break if you shut down the unit while your are updating.This is subject to charged repair.
- You need to turn off and on the unit after the firmware update. (Step 10 of the update process)The touch panel may not work, if you skip this step.
- A PC connected to the internet
- A USB memory with available space of 100 MB or more.
- The update program download is started by clicking Download button on the bottom of this announcement.
Following the displayed dialog box, save the update.zip in your PC.
- After completion of the download, extract the update file to create the "update" folder which includes SONYXAV.BIN.
- Copy the "update" folder to the root directory of the USB memory.
Update procedure (in your car) It takes approx. five minutes to update.
Preparation: Park your car on the safe place and start the engine to avoid the voltage drop of the power line.
- Connect the USB memory which includes the "update" folder to the unit.Any USB memory other than the one for update should not be connected.
- Press OFF button of the remote commander (or press and hold SOURCE button for 1 second ) so that the unit is source OFF state.
- Select Setting from Home Menu.
- Select General Settings.
- Select Firmware Settings.
- Press Update button.
- Check if the current firmware is subject to update.(The firmware version which starts from "SRxx" or "HRxx" is subject to update.)
- Press Update button again to start the firmware update.
- Important: Wait until “Firmware Update Success!!” appears on the screen without turning off the unit or removing the USB memory.
- Press and hold OFF button of the remote commander (or press and hold SOURCE button for 2 seconds) to turn off the unit.Remove the USB memory and wait for more than 10 seconds*.
Press SOURCE button to turn on the unit again.
Note *: Count 10 seconds with a clock so that the unit is surely turned off.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully.
- Select Settings from Home Menu
- Select General Settings
- Select Firmware Version
- Confirm “JR08_xav_1.13.003" is displayed