- SRS-X9 / SRS-X88 / SRS-X99
- CMT-SX7 / CMT-SX7B
About this download
Sony Audio driver is a program to improve the performance in USB-B/USB micro B function.
Note: when you want to update the driver software, the old version of the driver software should be uninstalled before installing the new driver software.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- ClickStart→Setting→Control panel→Add, remove of program
- SelectSony Audioand pressRemoveoruninstall
- Please proceed setup file for uninstallation
This driver iscompatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows. Macintosh computers do not need any driver.
- Windows Vista (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 10 Home/Pro (32 bit/64 bit)
- USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
How to download the Sony Audio driver:
- If you are using a Windows Operating Systems: make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights. If you are Windows 7 or Windows Vista user a message, "Windows needs your permission to continue" appears in the User Account Control dialog box. ClickContinueto proceed, and follow the announcements
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, clickDownload
- The download of the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip (8.88 MB) file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer.
If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click theDesktoptile from the Start screen and find the download file in theDownloadsfolder by using Explorer
- Make sure you are logged on to your computer as an administrator
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding
- Go to the desktop of your computer and unzip the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of Sony Audio driver. Restart the computer when prompted
- Using a USB cable, connect your PC to the relevant USB port according to the model you own:
- On Map-S1, SRS-X9, SRS-X88/99, SRS-HG1 and CMT-SX7/SX7B use the USB port on the back panel
- On RSX-GS9, use the USB port (type micro B) on the front panel
- Power on your device:
- CMT-SX7/SX7-B: Select "USB REAR" function by using the remote commander
- SRS-X9, SRS-X88/X99: Select "USB-B" function by touching USB-B button on the unit
- SRS-HG1: Select “USB” function by pressing the Function button on the unit
- RSX-GS9: Select "USB -DAC" function by pushing the source buttion in the front panel or on the remote
- Confirm that the installation is successful: go to control panel, and open the device manager. Confirm that "Sony Audio" is correctly listed under the "Sound, Video and game controllers"