- SRS-X9 / SRS-X88 / SRS-X99
- CMT-SX7 / CMT-SX7B
About this download
Sony Audio driver is a program to improve the performance in USB-B/USB micro B function.
Note: when you want to update the driver software, the old version of the driver software should be uninstalled before installing the new driver software.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- Click Start → Setting → Control panel → Add, remove of program
- Select Sony Audio and press Remove or uninstall
- Please proceed setup file for uninstallation
This driver is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows. Macintosh computers do not need any driver.
- Windows Vista (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 10 Home/Pro (32 bit/64 bit)
- USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
How to download the Sony Audio driver:
- If you are using a Windows Operating Systems: make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights. If you are Windows 7 or Windows Vista user a message, "Windows needs your permission to continue" appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click Download
- The download of the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip (8.88 MB) file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer.
If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer
- Make sure you are logged on to your computer as an administrator
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding
- Go to the desktop of your computer and unzip the Sony_Audio_USB_Driver_V1.10.zip
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of Sony Audio driver. Restart the computer when prompted
- Using a USB cable, connect your PC to the relevant USB port according to the model you own:
- On Map-S1, SRS-X9, SRS-X88/99, SRS-HG1 and CMT-SX7/SX7B use the USB port on the back panel
- On RSX-GS9, use the USB port (type micro B) on the front panel
- Power on your device:
- CMT-SX7/SX7-B: Select "USB REAR" function by using the remote commander
- SRS-X9, SRS-X88/X99: Select "USB-B" function by touching USB-B button on the unit
- SRS-HG1: Select “USB” function by pressing the Function button on the unit
- RSX-GS9: Select "USB -DAC" function by pushing the source buttion in the front panel or on the remote
- Confirm that the installation is successful: go to control panel, and open the device manager. Confirm that "Sony Audio" is correctly listed under the "Sound, Video and game controllers"