About this download
- Name:Sound Organizer Ver.2.0.01
- Release date:06/09/2016
- Do I need to download it?"Sound Organizer Ver. 2.0.01" is a comprehensive audio application for importing, playing, and editing files recorded with a Sony IC recorder.
Features of the software
- Save/Add files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be saved to a computer in file or folder units.Files saved in your computer can also be added to an IC recorder.
- Edit files
- Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files.
- Convert files
- Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV, MP3 or FLAC format.
- Create CDs/DVDs
- Files recorded from an IC recorder and other audio files can be written to a CD making it possible to create an audio CD, MP3 CD, or data disk (CD / DVD).Audio and MP3 CDs created with Sound Organizer can be played on your computer and also regular CD players.
- Record CDs
- Data from commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by Sound Organizer and recorded/stored in your computer.
- Other Functions:
- Edit track marks
- DPC (Digital Pitch Control) playback
- Voice Up playback
- Noise cut playback
- A-B repeat playback
- E-mail attachments
- Quick Operation Guide (on-screen guide / help)
- Automatic updates
- Save/Add files
- You are required to use the version that supports your model when using Sound Organizer.If you use a non-supported version with your IC recorder model, it will not be able to display the information from the device correctly.
- You can install both Sound Organizer and Sound Organizer 2 on a single PC simultaneously. If you use multiple Sound Organizer versions, start the one that corresponds to the IC recorder you are currently using.
- If you install Sound Organizer 2 on a PC which already has Sound Organizer installed, you can import the data that is managed by Sound Organizer to Sound Organizer 2. (Note: The data relative to features that are no longer supported by Sound Organizer 2 cannot be imported.)
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improved stability of operation
Sound Organizer is compatible with the following Windows versions
- Windows 10 (64-bit version supported) (Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit version supported) (Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 8.1)
- Windows 7(r) (Service Pack-1 or later) (64-bit version supported) (Ultimate / Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic / Starter)
- Windows Vista(r) (Service Pack 2 or later) (64-bit version supported) (Ultimate / Business / Premium / Home Basic)
- Operating Systems not listed above are not supported. (Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 8, Mac OS, and Linux are not supported)
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Sound Organizer is compatible with the following hardware:
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10: Processor 1.66 GHz or higher
- Windows 10 / 8.1 / Windows 7: 1 GB or more for 32-bit version, 2 GB or more for 64-bit version
- Windows Vista: 512 MB or more (1 GB or more for Home Premium / Business / Ultimate editions)
- Optical Drive:
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive needed to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs)
- 16-bit color, 800 x 600 resolution or higher
- Internet Connection:
- Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
- USB port, sound card
How to download Sound organizer:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click Download
- The download of the [SoundOrganizer_V2001.exe] file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install Sound Organizer.
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights. If you are Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 or Windows Vista user a message, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the steps
- On your desktop, double click the downloaded "SoundOrganizer_V2001.exe" file
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- When the installation completes, Sound Organizer has been successfully installed will appear on the screen. Click Exit and start Sound Organizer
After the update
Check Software Version
Start Sound Organizer and select About from the Help menu. If Sound Organizer: 2.0.01.05240 appears, the software has been successfully installed.
Before downloading the software, please read the following carefully.
- Please follow the instructions listed here to install and run the software. If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows Vista, please do not run enable sleep or hibernation mode while Sound Organizer is running. Sony Corporation ("Sony") is not responsible for any problems that may occur as a result of neglecting the instructions listed here.
- Sony is not responsible in any way or form for damages that may occur to the customer or a third party as a result of the customer exercising his/her rights according to the license agreement of Sound Organizer unless there are separate laws stipulating matters.
- Sound Organizer is copy protected. Users may not replicate or distribute the software in any way or form not prescribed by Sony.