About this download
- Name:Hi-Res Audio Recorder v1.1.0
- Release date:02-11-2016
- The features of this application are as follows:
- Recording audio tracks from a vinyl record: After connecting the turntable and your computer with the supplied USB cable and installing the software, you will be able to record audio tracks in high resolution formats (DSD or PCM) from the vinyl record being played on the turntable. The maximum duration available for recording is 100 minutes.
- Editing the temporary file: You can add markers to the recorded data (temporary file) and specify ranges of data to be exported to files. Add markers to the temporary file in order to:
- remove the silent section before the first audio track or the ones between tracks.
- divide the temporary file into individual audio track files after you have recorded all the audio tracks on either side of a vinyl record.
- Gain adjustment: You can adjust the signal level (gain) for the recorded data (temporary file). You can select Automatic Gain Adjustment as well as Manual Gain Adjustment, which allows you to increment the gain by 1 dB between +1 dB and +6 dB.
- Exporting the temporary file: You can export the recorded data (temporary file) to your computer. You can also enter the album name, the album artist name, track titles, and track artist names before exporting the temporary file.
Hi-Res Audio Recorder iscompatible with the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
- The latest service pack is required
- Hi-Res Audio Recorder is not assured to work successfully:
- on every computer with one of the listed operating systems
- on a homemade computer, a computer with a user-upgraded operating system, or a multi-boot computer
- with the power-saving features of the computer: System Suspend or Sleep (Standby)
- when the latest Windows updates are not installed. Download and install the latest updates through Windows Update (from the Start Menu or Control Panel)
Hi-Res Audio Recorder iscompatible with the following hardware:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Processor 1.6GHz or higher
- Memory: 1GB or higher
- Screen resolution: 1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- Audio playback device: Required
How to download the Hi-Res Audio Recorder:
- Install the latest Windows Updates. Otherwise, the application will not be installed successfully or the application will not detect the turntable. If you are unable to install them, please contact the manufacturer of your computer or Microsoft Corporation.
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, clickDownload
- The download of the [Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.0.exe] (16.7 MB - 17,614,520 bytes) file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer
Note:If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1 the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to install Hi-Res Audio Recorder.
- Quit all software running on your PC
- Double-click the installer file “Hi-ResAudioRecorder_1.1.0.exe” saved on your computer. The installer file will then be extracted and the driver and application will be installed sequentially
- When the User Account Control screen is shown, click[Yes]or[Continue]
- Select the language for this installation and click[Next]
- Click[Next]to start installation wizard
- Click [Next] to install the driver first
- The [License Agreement] screen for the driver installation is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click [I accept the terms of the license agreement]. Then, click [Next]
- Ready to Install the Program screen is shown. Click[Install]to start the driver installation
- Click [Install] to continue the driver installation
- The driver installation has finished. Click [Finish] to start the application's installation
- Click [Next] to install the application
- The [License Agreement] screen for the application is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click [I accept the terms of the license agreement]. Then, click [Next]
- Click [Install] to start the application's installation
- The application's installation has finished. Click [Finish]
- Installation is now complete. Click[Finish]to exit the installation wizard
After the update
To start the Hi-Res Audio Recorder, click [Start] and select [All Programs] → [Sony Corporation] → [Hi-Res Audio Recorder] → [Hi-Res Audio Recorder]
Questions & Answers
- Installation fails
- Make sure that you are using a computer with one of the supported operating systems. For detailed information, see “System requirements.”
- Make sure that the disk drive has sufficient free disk space. Installation requires about 100 MB of free disk space. If there is not enough free disk space, remove unnecessary files.
- Your computer fails to detect the connected turntable
- Disconnect the USB cable and restart your computer. Make sure that the computer is up and running, and then connect the computer and the turntable with the USB cable.
- Make sure that the USB device driver software is successfully installed. Connecting your computer to the turntable with the USB cable for the first time or using a USB port other than the one you used previously may automatically install the USB device driver software once again.
- Hi-Res Audio Recorder does not start
- Your computer may not be running properly. Start another application to see if it works normally.
- Your computer may not be running properly. Restart the computer.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Recorder is successfully installed.
- Click [Control Panel] - [Programs] - [Programs and Features] (when “Control Panel” is displayed in “Category” view) and make sure that “Hi-ResAudioRecorder” is displayed.
- Connect the turntable to the computer and turn it on, click [Control Panel] - [Hardware and Sound] - [Device Manager] (when “Control Panel” is displayed in “Category” view), and then make sure that “PS-HX500” is displayed under “Sound, video and game controllers” on the window.
- If Hi-Res Audio Recorder is not successfully installed, uninstall the application and install it all over again.