About this download
- Name:Firmware update 1.01 for NWZ-W274S
- Date released:15/04/2014
- Do I need to download it?This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
- Connect the Walkman to your computer by using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, checkinformation.txtin the [WALKMAN] folder.
The "information.txt" contains the following information.
01: Model name
02: Memory capacity
03: Firmware version
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improves the starting up after powering on
- Improves the starting of music playback
The latest version of the firmware update iscompatible with most commonly used versions of Macintosh:
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12
The latest version of the firmware update iscompatible with the following hardware:
- 1 GHz or higher
- 1 GB or more(32-bit OS) / 2 GB or more(64-bit OS)
Before you update
When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 30MB. Please confirm the size from the steps below.
- Press and hold theBACK/HOMEbutton until the Home menu appears
- Tap (Settings),Common Settings, andUnit Information.
Confirm the "Free/Total Memory Space".
Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit.
We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- The update program download is started by clickingDownloadbutton on the bottom of this announcement.
Following the displayed dialog box, save theNWZ-W274S_V1_01.dmgin your PC.
- After completion of the download, connect your units to your PC by USB connection.
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the savedNWZ-W274S_V1_01.dmgfile, and work by following displayed massages.
- Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
- During upgrading, USB connection is automatically controlled and "Connecting USB" indication is off with the control. Also, the USB disconnect message may appear on some computers.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, clickFinishbutton.
Note:When downloading the program and upgrading the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator. If you are Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 user or Windows Vista user,Windows needs your permission to continuemessage appears in the User Account Control dialog box. ClickContinueto proceed, and follow the announcements.
After the update
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully byChecking which version of firmware you have.The update program installation is succeeded when1.01is shown on the screen.