- NW-E393 / NW-E394 / NW-E395
About this download
- Name: Firmware update 1.01 for NW-E393 / NW-E394 / NW-E395
- Date released: 21-10-2016
- File size: 7.71 MB(8,089,285 byte)
- Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Select (Settings), [Common Settings], and [Unit Information]. Confirm the Model number and firmware version
- Benefits and improvements:
- Shuffle playback function improved
- Other functions improved
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Macintosh:
- macOS 10.13 - 10.15
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with the following hardware:
- 1 GHz or more
- 1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)
After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 30 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessarydata back to the computer to increase free space.
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer
- The update program download is started by clicking on the “Download” button at the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
Note for macOS 10.15 users: When you start the update tool the first time on macOS 10.15, a ["Software Update Tool" would like to access files on a removable volume] message is shown. If you click [OK], the updating starts. If you click [Don’t Allow], an error will be displayed and the updating will fail.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Do I need to download it?] section at the top of this page.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.01”, the upgrade was successful.