If your navigation system model is not in the target device list below, DO NOT UPDATE!
If you try to update a model that is not in the target device list, it can be damaged and an OUT OF WARRANTY repair will be necessary.
Sony offers this Software Update for the owners of the following Sony Personal Navigation Devices :
- NV-U52 / NV-U72T Personal Navigation System with software version 2.0.0 or 2.1.01.
About this download
- Software update version 2.1.03 (314) (released on 31/10/2008):
This update replaces software version 2.0.0 or 2.1.01 and improves the following product functionality:
- This update modifies the route search failure which may occur on specific points.
Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- USB port
- Check the version of your Personal Navigation System.
- Turn your Personal Navigation SystemONand touchAgree.
- TouchMore, thenSettings, and then touchGeneral Settingsand scroll down and touchProduct Information. TheProduct informationdisplay appears.
- If the software version is 2.0.0 or 2.1.01 please update with the latest version
- Download the software update to your PC.
- Ensure all Windows Update patches and upgrades are applied before installing the update
- You must be logged on as an administrator (for Microsoft Windows 2000,XP).
- Create the following folder onC:\nav_update.
- Make sure that no program is running except your Internet browser.
- You must accept the terms of the End User License Agreement below. Then, clickAccept. A window will pop up. Click theDownload itlink.
- ClickSaveand select the following location:C:\nav_update.
- When the download is complete, check that the file is correctly downloaded:UPDATE_V2103_314.exe(size is5.02 MB (5,271,638 bytes)) -If it is different, delete the file and download it again.
- Update your Personal Navigation System.
- Close all running programs on your computer
- Turn your Personal Navigation System off
- Connect your Personal Navigation System to your computer using the supplied USB cable and turn your Personal Navigation System on and wait until your computer has detected your Personal Navigation System.
For Windows 2000/Windows XP users:
Make sure that you have installed Microsoft ActiveSync from the CD-ROM or the DVD-ROM that was supplied with your Personal Navigation System.
If you have problems connecting your Personal Navigation System, please visit theMicrosoft support website.
- Make sure that you do not:
- Disconnect the USB cable or the AC adapter during the process.
- Turn off the Personal Navigation System, enter into standby mode, or reset the unit.
- Shut down the computer, enter the computer into standby mode or restart the computer.
- Open the folder containing the downloaded file by selectingStarton the taskbar, and then selectingRunon the menu.
- Enterc:\nav_update\UPDATE_V2103_314.exeand clickOK.
- The update process will start automatically.
- When the update is completed, the following message appears:
- ClickOK, turn your Personal Navigation System off and disconnect your Personal Navigation System from your PC.
- Check that the version is correctly updated:
- TouchAgree, which is displayed after your Personal Navigation System is automatically started up.
- TouchMore, thenSettings, and then touchGeneral Settingsand scroll down and touchProduct Information. TheProduct informationdisplay appears. The software version should be 2.1.03 (314).
- Your Personal Navigation System is correctly updated.