About this download
This driver enables the IC recorder or the Linear PCM recorder to be used as a removable disk in Windows Explorer.
Applicable Operating System
- Windows® 2000 Professional
Note: It is not necessary to install the driver for
- Windows Vista® Home Basic
- Windows Vista® Home Premium
- Windows Vista® Business
- Windows Vista® Ultimate
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
Please follow the steps below to download the file.
- Create the folder named SonyTemp in the C drive.
- Download the Sony_Recorder_Driver.exe（2,208KB） into the folder that was created in Step 1.
- Upon completion of the download, please check the size of the file as follows:
Choose View -> Details in Windows Explorer
If the file size is the same, the download has been completed successfully. Otherwise, please delete all the downloaded files and perform the download again. It is highly recommended to copy the downloaded files for backup.
When the download is completed, please install the program on Windows using the following steps.
- Close all the applications that are currently running. Go to Start and select Run.
- Type C:\SonyTemp\Sony_Recorder_Driver.exe and click OK to begin the installation.
- Follow the onscreen message.
- When the installation is finished, restart your computer.
Check the installation
Verify that a folder named Sony Recorder Driver has been created in C:\Program Files\Sony, and your installation of the driver is completed successfully.
- 2.16 Mb