About this download
Sony supplies the softwareDigital Voice Editor Version 2.27 UpgradeforMemory Stick Voice Editor Ver.2.0, which can upgrade fromMemory Stick Voice Editor Ver.2.0(this service is free of charge).
- By installing this program you can use the latest version of Digital Voice Editor (Ver.2.27). You can use the Digital Voice Editor 2.27 to edit the messages recorded in IC RecorderICD-MSseries.
- AutoSavefunction for the Memory Stick is supported.
- V-Upfunction has been added which automatically adjusts the playback sounds, so they are more audible by amplifying only the inaudible low-level parts of a recorded message.
- Before upgrading toDigital Voice Editor Ver.2.27,Memory Stick Voice Editor Ver.2.xis uninstalled automatically. IfMemory Stick Voice Editor Ver.2.xis not installed, this upgrading program will be closed.
Prior to downloading this software, please read the following instructions to make certain you are comfortable with the process.
This program is only applicable withMemory Stick Voice Editor Ver.2.x.
Your computer and system software must meet the following minimum requirements:
- IBM PC/AT or compatible (You cannot use this software with Macintosh).
- CPU: 266MHz Pentium ® II processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard disk space: 70MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- CD-ROM drive
- Port: USB port (supports USB (conventionally called USB 1.1))
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 compatible
- Display: High color (16bit) or more and 800x480 pixels or more
- OS: Windows 98 Second Edition/98 standard installation, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional / Home Edition.
Digital Voice Editor Version 2.27 Download Procedures
Please follow the steps below to download the file:
- Create the folder namedDVE_Upin theCdrive.
- Download the following fileDVE2.27eUpgrade.EXE (11,916 KB)into the folder that is created in Step 1.
- Upon completion of the download, please check the size of the file as follows, on theViewmenu, clickDetailsin Windows Explorer.
- If the file size is same, the download has been completed successfully. Otherwise, please delete all the downloaded files and perform the download again.
- It is highly recommended to copy the downloaded files for a backup.
Digital Voice Editor Version 2.27 Installation Procedures
When the download has completed, please upgrade the program using the following steps.
- Close all the applications that are currently open.
- ClickStartand then clickRun.
- TypeC:\DVE_Up\DVE2.27eUpgrade.exeand clickOKto begin the installation. (In this case, the program fileDVE2.27eUpgrade.exeis downloaded to the folderC:\DVE_Up)
- During the installation, the following window appears; enter any name with less than 20 characters.
- When the following message appears, clickFinish.
- Sony Digital Voice Editor 2has been successfully installed.
- Now, all the work for upgrading has completed and then restart your computer.
To check whether the upgrade is completed successfully, please perform the following steps:
- Open the file\Program Files\Sony\Digital Voice Editor 2\Readme.txt.
- IfImprovements (Ver. 2.27)is mentioned in the text, the upgrade has been completed successfully.
- Open theDigital Voice Editorand selectAbout Digital Voice Editoron theHelpmenu.
- IfDigital Voice Editor Version 2.27is displayed on theAbout Digital Voice Editordialog box, your upgrade is completed successfully.
- This program is only for Digital Voice Editor Version 2.27 Upgrade
- This program is only for the customers who use Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 98 Second Edition, or Windows 98.
- For details on how to use the Digital Voice Editor software, please refer to the online help files.
Important Notice:Prior to downloading, you must accept the terms of the End User License Agreement below. After reading this agreement, click on "Download" to begin the download.
- 11.6 Mb