About this download
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware update for Digital Still Camera “Cyber-Shot” DSC-HX20V.
- Date released: 23/08/2012
- Applicable models:DSC-HX20V with the following serial numbers:
- 3500101 - 3514600
- 3517851 - 3533400
- 3536201 - 3566770
- 4450001 - 4543600
- 5248751 - 5251150
- 5254151 - 5276000
- 5280401 - 5285350
- 5287751 - 5296500
- 5298951 - 5321500
- Benefits and improvements: This update resolves the issue where on-screen directional display during shooting and directional data recorded in the data of the image is shifted by 90 degrees with respect to the correct direction.
- Computer hardware
- Intel CPU
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BG1 (supplied)
- Micro USB cable (supplied)
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Step 1: Download the firmware updater
- Step 2: Start up the Firmware Updater
- Step 3: Confirm the firmware version of your camera is Ver.1.01.
- While performing the firmware update, use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BG1.
- To turn off the “USB Power Supply”, select [MENU] --> [Settings] --> [Main Settings] --> [USB Power Supply] on the camera and set to [Off].
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- After the update is finished, it will go back to the default settings. (However, the image data in internal memory will not be erased.)
- Download the updater file named as [Update_DSCHX20VV101.dmg].
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_DSCHX20VV101.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
- Double-click the [Update_DSCHX20VV101] icon which appears on the Desktop.
- Double-click the [Firmware Updater] icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- Firmware Updater starts up.(Figure 1)
- According to the instruction on the Firmware Updater window, select [MENU] --> [Settings] -->[Main Settings] --> [USB Connect Setting] on the camera, and check if [Mass Storage] is selected.
If another mode than [Mass Storage] is selected, select [Mass Storage].(Figure 2)
- Before continuing to the following steps, remove the memory card from the camera if you have not done it yet.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
Note: USB Mode appears on the LCD monitor of the camera.
- After confirming the above, click Next on the Firmware Updater window. Figure 3 appears on the Firmware Updater window, and Figure 4 appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: From now on, Do not turn off the camera until the firmware update is completed.
- After confirming the screens on Figures 3 and 4, click Next. The current version and the version after the update will appear on the lower left part of the screen.(Figure 5)
- After confirming [Current Version] is [Ver.1.00], click Next.
IMPORTANT: If the current version is [Ver.1.01], the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click Finish. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
- The screen on Figure 6 appears.
- Press the center of the [Control wheel] to execute the reset of the camera.
Note:The screen turns off when the center of the [Control wheel] is pressed. Proceed to the next step. (Figure 7)
- Click Next on the Firmware Updater window (Figure 8)
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen on Figure 9 appears. Follow the instructions.
- Click Run to start the update. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 5 minutes).
Note: Do not turn off the camera or disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the screen on Figure 10 appears. Click Finish and disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
- Do the initial setup ( language, Date and Time, etc.).
- Select [MENU] --> [Settings] --> [Main Settings] --> [Version] on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed as illustrated below.
- 80.1 Mb