Firmware Update for CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive (Toshiba SD-R6012)
This program will update Firmware on the following VAIO Laptop models, equipped with Toshiba SD-R6012, running Windows XP:
This Firmware update will fix the following:
It will improve the writeability for Ultra Plus CD-RW.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Do not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system !!
Is your machine equipped with a Toshiba SD-R6012 CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive?
1. Click on the Start-button. And right- click on "My Computer"
2. Click to "Properties".
3. Select the Hardware-tab and click on "Device Manager"
4. Double click on "DVD/CD-ROM drives".
5. If "TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6012" appears in the list, please use this F/W Update.
6. If the above does not appear in the list, this patch does not apply.
Download the Upgrade:
1. Double click on "SDR6012_1S34_FW".
2. Select a folder, where this file will be saved to, for exampleC:\DVDFirmware.
3. Click to "Save".
Update the Toshiba SD-R6012 CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive:
1. Open the Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: where the file (FW Update Toshiba SD-R6012 (1S34).exe) has been saved, for exampleC:\DVDFirmware.
2. Double click on "FW Update Toshiba SD-R6012 (1S34).exe" and the FW update will start.
3. Follow the instruction which are shown in the appearing windows. Follow the instructions very strictly, because misuse might damage you CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive.
4. The computer will then reboot. The update has been complete.
5. If you try to update the Drive again, you will get the following notification: "DVD-Drive firmware is NOT need to update firmware."
- 32 bit
- 647.5 Kb