Smart Connect 3.0.2.08221 Upgrade For Windows® 98
This utility will update Smart Connect 2.1 for legacy Windows® 98 VAIO models.
A VAIO running Smart Connect 3.0 can connect and exchange data via i.LINK, with other computers running either Windows ® Me or Windows ® XP, by switching the communication mode toSTD(standard mode).
NOTE: This utility is only for use with the following VAIO models:
Please follow the steps below to download and install the program:
- Download theSmart Connect Upgradefile to a download folder (please note this folder for reference).
- Go to the folder where the file was downloaded and double-click theSCU_sny_DE_30.exefile to extract it. This launches theWinZip Self-Extractorprogram.
- ClickUnzipto extract the file to a folder (please note this folder for reference).
- Exit theWinZip Self-Extractorprogram.
1. Uninstall the previous version of Smart Connect 2.1
- OpenControl Panel.
- Double-clickAdd/Remove programs.
- SelectSmart Connect 2.1and clickAdd/Remove.
2. InstallSmart Connect 3.0:
- Browse to the folder where you extracted theSCU_sny_DE_30.exefile.
- Double-click theSetup.exefile to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- SelectYes, I want to restart my computer nowand clickFinish.
3.InstallSony i.Link (1394) Adapter:
- TheAdd New Hardware Wizardappears after your VAIO restarts.
- ClickNext, and selectSearch for the best driver for your device.
- SelectSpecify a location, and typeC:\Windows\INF.
- The Wizard installs theSonyinet.inffile.
- ClickFinishand then restart your VAIO.
- 32 bit
- 1.49 Mb