Registry Patch for Documentation CD issue
This program will patch a registry setting on the following VAIO Desktop models running Windows XP:
This Registry Patch will solve following problems :
- When Documentation CD is put in and VAIO Info Centre opens automatically, you are not able to access the documentation files (pdf).
- When trying to open .pdf files. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will open instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Adobe Acrobat Reader files (such as the ones on the Documentation CD) are not correctly associated to Adobe Acrobat Reader. This registry patch fixes this issue.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Do not shutdown the unit while the patch is in progress.
Not following the above, could severely damage your system !!
Download the Patch :
1. Double click on "Patch.exe".
2. Select a folder, where this file will be saved to, for example C:\Download\.
3. Click to "Save".
1. Open the Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: "C:\Download\".
2. Double click on "Patch.exe".
3. This will execute the Registry Patch
4. A screen will appear : Patch is done ! Click OK to finish.
5. Click the OK button to finish.
How to identify the Registry Patch has been executed correctly ? :
1. Insert the VAIO Documentation CD that comes along with your PCV-RXM21/RXM22.
2. VAIO Info Centre will start automatically.
3. Select the applicable language.
4. Open the Hardware or Software Guides.
5. Adobe Acrobat Reader will open the requested file.
6. If this doesn`t happen, please apply the Registry Patch again.
- 32 bit
- 292 Kb