BIOS Update R0247U0
This BIOS Update fixes following issues :
- Workaround for Windows XP Service Pack 1 (XP SP1) and USB 2.0 PC Card Issues.
- Improvement of stability when resuming from Standby.
1. Download Instructions
1. Download the fileR0247U0.exe, and save it to a download directory (ex. C:\Download\).
2. Go the download directory, and double-clickR0247U0.exe. WinZip Self-Extractor program starts.
3. Click Unzip. The file will be extracted to a new directory C:\R0245U0.
4. Click Close to exit WinZip Self-Extractor program.
IMPORTANT NOTES: You need to download and install WinPhlash 1.3. This program is available on VAIO-Link website.
1. Close all running applications.
2. Start WinPhlash program from the Start menu.
3. Click Browse. Specify the directory C:\Download\R0247U0\.
4. Select the fileR0247U0.WPH. Click Open.
5. Click Flash BIOS. Click OK.
6. Wait while BIOS is being updated.PLEASE DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS!
7. Click Shutdown. The computer shuts down.
3. How to check the BIOS version :
1. Turn on the computer.
2. Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup when Sony Logo appears
3. Confirm that the BIOS Version is "R0247U0" in the BIOS Setup.
4. Press the F9 key to load default BIOS configuration. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter to confirm.
5. Press the F10 key to save changes and exit. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter to confirm.
6. After this your system will boot again and start up Windows.
Please read the following carefully. Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer"s improper operation when customers did not follow the below instructions.
1. Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
2. This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
3. This program is protected by the property rights. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
4. Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from using this program.
Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
- 32 bit
- 639.2 Kb