Videodriver 188.8.131.5272 upgrade for Windows 2000.
Driver update for Sony VAIO notebook computers.:
This update program allows you to install the appropriate driver supporting Windows 2000. Please follow the instruction carefully to avoid any improper problem during the downloading and installing process.
Before installing this driver, you need the permission of an administrator to install the driver. Log on to the system using the administrator account.
1. Download instruction
1. Prepare a new folder to place a file downloaded from the web. Name it "Download" folder.
2. Download the below file into the "Download" folder.5_13_1_2772.exe(4,024KB)
3. When download is completed, select [display]-[detail] in the Explorer. Check the size of the driver. If the size is the same, your downloading was successfully completed. If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed the download again.
4. The5_13_1_2772.exefile you have downloaded is a self extract file. Use Explorer and enter5_13_1_2772.exeto open the file. Double-click the5_13_1_2772.exeicon, and a dialogue box [WinZip Self-Extractor] appears.
- Right click on the "My Computer" icon.
- Select "Properties" and click.
- Select the "Hardware" tab.
- Click on the "Device Manager" button.
- Double Click on "Display adapters" to expand.
- Double Click on "Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller".
- Select the "Driver" pad.
- Click on the "Update Driver…" button.
- An "Upgrade Device Driver Wizard" appears with a welcome message. Click on the "Next" button.
- Select "Display a list of know drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver" and click on the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Have a disk" button.
- A "Install from disk" window appears. In the "Copy manufacturer"s files from:" field, write the path of the temporary directory where you unzipped the files, for example "C:\Download\", and click on the "Ok" button.
- The "Select a device driver ?" window shows a list. Select "Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller". Click on "Next" 2 times.
- Click on the "Finish" button.
- The Video drivers are now upgraded.
- Restart your VAIO.
Please read the following carefully. Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer"s improper operation when customers did not follow the below instructions.
1. Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
2. This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
3. This program is protected by the property rights. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
4. Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly
from using this program.
Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
- 32 bit
- 3.83 Mb