Firmware Update AS7G for SDW-085 (CD-RW/DVD±RW Drive)
This firmware fixes following issue :
* New Media additional support
Fujifilm( Moser Baer) DVD-R 4.7 x8
Princo DVD-R 4.7 x8
Ume DVD-R 4.7 x8
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Please make sure that there is no disk in the device before you execute this firmware.
- Do not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
- Please make sure you are running on mains and not on batteries when doing this update.
- Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
- Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system!!
1. How to verify if your unit has a SDW-085 optical ?
1. Click on the Start button and then right click on My Computer.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Select the Hardware tab and than click on Device Manager.
4. Double click on DVD/CD-ROM drives.
5. Verify now that you can see "SDW-085".
6. If you have the corresponding drive, than you can proceed with the Firmware upgrade.
2. Download and installation Instructions
1. Download the fileQSFOPD-01171205-UN.exe, and save it to a download directory (ex. C:\Download\).
2. Go the download directory, and double-clickQSFOPD-01171205-UN.exe.
3. Dialog box will pop up with the optical drive preselected.
4. Click on the update button
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
3. How to identify the new version?
1. Open the Windows Explorer.
2. Browse to folder : C:\Download\
3. Double click file :QSFOPD-01171205-UN.exe.
4. Dialog box will pop up. Underneath the optical selection you can see the Current version and the version after the update. Please make sure they are the same.
5. This means drive has the latest firmware currently available.
- 32 bit
- 1.06 Mb