BIOS R0122S5What is this?
BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System.
It refers to a piece of firmware which is run when powered on. Its primary functions are to identify and initiate component hardware, and to prepare the computer so that other programs can load.
Is this relevant for you?
This BIOS update is recommended to all customers, as it contains various important bugfixes.
What does it fix?
This update solves issues regarding
- connectivity problems with specific monitors.
- Windows stops responding intermittently and gives blue screen
- The BIOS Clock may loose time
- Impossibility to set a BIOS password.
How do I perform this update?
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click PHBSYS-01101516-UN.exe to run it.
5. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
6. When the installation is complete, restart the VAIO.
- 32 bit
- 974.07 Kb