- Only perform this firmware upgrade while your VAIO is connected to the mains
- Do not terminate or interrupt the process manually as this could lead to damage to your optical drive
- This firmware update solves issues regarding playback on other computers of DVD-Discs created on this computer
Please check in device manager if your VAIO is using the optical drive in question. Several optical drives can be used on a single VAIO model, only use this firmware update for the drive that it is intended for.
Installation procedure for firmware update for "UJ-841" optical drive.
Please check if your VAIO is using the "UJ-841" optical drive
- Download the file
- Browse to the directory where you downloaded the file to.
- Double Click MTFOPD-01170000-UN.exe
- Open the tray of your optical drive and click OK
- Carefully read the guidelines, make sure to follow them and click OK
- Click "OK"
- Please note that the entire process will take some time do not shut down your VAIO or manually terminate the upgrade process.
- Click "EXIT"
- Wait until the VAIO has exited completely from the update tool, once this has happened (return to desktop), then restart your VAIO manually.
- 32 bit
- 1.9 Mb