Alps Pointing Device (Touch Pad) Driver Update Version 5.3.504.7b for Windows 2000
This update enables you to adjust the speed for the Sony USB mouse in the Alps Touch Pad Control Utility.
1. Download file TPD_alps_535047b.exe, and save it to a download directory. (Please note this directory for reference.)
2. Go the download directory, and double-click TPD_alps_535047b.exe. WinZip Self-Extractor program starts.
3. Click Unzip. The file will be extracted to a new directory C:\TPD_alps_535047b
4. Click OK.
5. Click Close to exit WinZip Self-Extractor program.
1. OpenDevice Manager(Right-clickMy Computer- clickProperties-Hardwaretab -Device Managerbutton.)
2. In Device Manager, expandMice and other pointing devices.
3. Double-clickAlps Pointing-device. TheAlps Pointing-device Propertiesdialog box is displayed.
4. Click theDrivertab, and then clickUpdate Driver. TheUpdate Device Driver Wizardstarts.
5. ClickNext. SelectDisplay a list of the known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver.
6. ClickNext. ClickHave Disk.
7. TheInstall From Diskdialog box appears. Type or browse toC:\TPD_alps_535047b
8. ClickOpen. ClickOK.
9. ClickNext. AnUpdate Driver Warningmessage appears.
10. ClickYes. ClickNext. Wait while Windows installs the new software.
12. Close theAlps Pointing-device Propertiesdialog box.
13. ClickYesto restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the driver is complete. ForVAIO PCG-SR1K/SR11K/SR21K/SR31K, however, you must accomplish the following additional steps:
14. After you log on to Windows, openC:\TPD_alps_535047b
15. Double-click the file "sr.reg".
16. ARegistry Editormessage appears. ClickYes.
18. Restart the computer.
- 32 bit
- 644 Kb