Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Driver Version 10.5.1.57
This update resolves the following problem:
- Intel PROSet/Wireless Software Local Information Disclosure
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
The Wireless Switch Setting Utility may not function properly after updating this driver.
This problem concerns only the VAIO notebooks with Bluetooth built in.
If you experience this problem, please read the important notes at the bottom of this page!
Download and update instructions
1. Click Start and click Control Panel
2. Click Add or Remove Programs
3. Select Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software and click Change/Remove
4. Select Remove and click Next
5. Click OK and wait while the existing software is being removed
6. Click OK when the process is completed
7. Download INDWLL-01035418-UN.exe and save it to a download directory
8. Go to the download directory and double-click INDWLL-01035418-UN.exe
9. Click Install Software
10. Accept the terms in the licence agreements and click Next
11. Select Typical and click Next
12. Click OK and wait while the software installs
13. Click OK when the installation complete dialog box appears
=> Deselect Wireless Switch Setting Utility from launching at Windows Startup
1. Click Start and click Run
2. Type msconfig in the Open box and click OK
3. Click the Startup tab
4. Uncheck Switcher
6. click OK and click Restart
7. After the computer restarts, select the Don"t Display This Message Again
8. Click OK
=> Use an alternative method for switching wireless radio on or off
1. Make sure the hardware Wireless switch is enabled
2. Right-click My Computer and click Properties
3. Click the Hardware tab
4. Click Device Manager
5. Double-click Network adapters
6. Double-click the Intel PRO/Wireless adapter in use.
7. On the Advanced tab, click Wireless On/Off to toggle the radio off and on
8. Click OK
- 32 bit
- 45.51 Mb