Installation procedure for firmware update for "HLDS GDR-8162B DVD-ROM" optical drive.
Please check if your VAIO is using the "HLDS GDR-8162B DVD-ROM"
- Download the file
- Browse to the directory where you downloaded the file to.
- Double Click HIFOPD-00731201-UN.exe
- Follow the on screen instructions and click OK
- Select the correct drive from the dropdown menu (HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR816B0020"
- Click "FW Flashup"
- Now you will see the Progress Window, do not touch your VAIO until the firmware update has been completed
- Click OK once the flash process has finished
- Click "X" to close the Window
- Wait until the VAIO has exited completely from the update tool, once this has happened (return to desktop), then restart your VAIO manually.
- 32 bit
- 481.4 Kb