BD-Combo Drive Firmware BC-5500S-VN 1.78What is this?
A firmware is a small computer program which is embedded in a hardware device.
It typically resides on a microchip. The advantage of such a chip is that it can be updated in order to cope with new technical developments or to solve certain issues.
Is this relevant for you?
This update is recommended, as it improves disc compatibility.
What does it fix?
Improved readability of DVD-R and BD-R media
Bugfixes regaring DVD-RAM writing and CPRM authentication
Improved readability for CD-Rom media
8cm disc adapter detection
How do I perform this update?
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000211176.exe to run it.
5. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
6. When the installation is complete, shut down the VAIO completely before starting again.
- 32 / 64 bit
- 2.22 Mb