Microsoft KB947506What is this?
A Microsoft Hotfix is a small patch designed to address specific issues. Sometimes we provide these though the VAIO Support website, in case:
- Microsoft does not provide them through Windows Update
- Certain VAIO computers require this hotfix to be installed.
Is this relevant for you?
This hotfix needs to be installed when your VAIO comes installed with a Windows Vista Language Pack, and you want to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
What does it fix?
This Microsoft Hotfix tackles some issues with installation of Vista SP1 on computers that have a Vista Language Pack installed.
If the hotfix is not installed, the Windows Update program may not work correctly.
IMPORTANT:please make sure to install KB937287 before this Hotfix. This update can be found in the downloads section on www.vaio-link.com. KB937287 is also available through Windows Update.
How do I perform this update?
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000146918.exe to run it.
5. Click Next, wait while the wizard updates your software, and then click Finish.
6. Restart the VAIO.
- 32 bit
- 752.62 Kb