CDRW51 Driver update Installation Procedure
The following describes how to download and install the CDRW5x driver update version 1.10.06 for VAIO models with Windows Millennium or Windows 2000 preinstalled.
- Prepare a new folder in theC:\directory to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownload.
- Download theCardbus Drivers for PCGA-CDRW5xfile into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, right-clickMy Computerand clickExplore. Once inWindows Explorer, click theViewmenu and clickDetails. Browse to the location of your file to check the size of it. If the driver size is the same, your download has been successfully completed, if the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and restart the download.
- Extract the downloadedCDD_sny__cb_11006.exefile into theDownloadfolder.
- Please make sure you are logged on as an administrator.
- Open Device Manager.
- Double-clickIDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Double-clickSony CardBus ATAPIto open the properties.
- Select theDriverstab and clickUpdate driver.
- SelectSearch for a suitable driver for my devicean clickNext.
- Clear the check box in front ofFloppy Disk DrivesandCD-ROM Drives.
- SelectSpecify a Location
- ClickBrowseand point toC:\Download\.
- ClickOpenand then OK.
- ClickNextand then clickFinish.
- 32 bit
- 76 Kb