Palm Desktop 4.0.1 update for Windows XP
This update only applies to the Sony CLIÉ Handheld PEG-S300 - This software update is needed if you wish to use your Sony CLIÉ Handheld PEG-S300 with a computer that has Microsoft Windows XP installed.
1. Prepare a new folder to place the file downloaded from the web - Name the folder "Download".
2. Download the cliepd401.exe file (7,47 MB) to C:\Download.
3. When download is complete, open Windows Explorer and check the size of the driver. If the size is the same, your download was successfully completed. If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please backup your user data before installing the Palm Desktop Update.
1. Uninstall any existing Palm Desktop installations.
2. Browse to C:\Download directory.
3.Double-click the CLIEPD401.exe file.
4. ClickNext- Make sure to install the USB Switcher:
- Select Custom at the Setup Type screen of the Palm Desktop installation.
- Click Next.
- Select USB Switcher at the Select Components screen of the Palm Desktop installation.
- Click Next.
5. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. If you never installed Palm Desktop on this computer, click Add a username and then click Next - Depending on your needs, you can select either Create a new user or Use an existing user.
7. A warning message appears indicating that the driver is not digitally signed, click Continue Anyway.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
9. Perform a HotSync® operation by pressing the HotSync® button on your CLIÉ™ Handheld.
10. Windows XP detects a new device - Select the check box in front of Install the software automatically (Recommended).
11. Click Next.
12. A warning message appears indicating that the driver is not digitally signed, click Continue Anyway.
13. Click Finish.
14. Restart your computer and the CLIÉ is installed a USB device.
You can now synchronise your Sony CLIÉ Handheld PEG-S300 with your computer that has Windows XP installed.
IMPORTANT NOTE:If Palm desktop was installed and removed before this procedure, please do the following: Copy the filesop1kusb.sysfrom theSony handheld /usb_driversfolder to theSystem 32 / Driversfolder - Restart your computer.
- 32 bit
- 7.47 Mb