This information is applicable for the following TV models:
- KDL-40R450C / 453C / 455C
- KDL-32R405C / 403C / 400C
About this download
- Name:Firmware update to v8061 for TV
- Date released:09-04-2015
- Do I need to update?: Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model. If you're not sure, it'it's easy to check which version of firmware you have follow these instructions to check it.
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improves the Recording/Playing function
- Restrictions:only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
What you need
- a computer with access to the internet
- a USB memory stick
- a compatible TV
Follow the simple steps below to update your TV firmware. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefullyor you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off- or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons,except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording beforeyou start with the firmware update.
Download the update
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the internet and save it to a USB stick
- Read and accept theterms and conditionsbelow and clickdownload file.
- When prompted, save the file to yourDesktop.When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 51,666,572 bytes. To do this, right click the file, selectpropertiesand check the size in theGeneraltab.
- OpenWindows Explorer,locate the downloadedsony_tvupdate_2015_8061_euf_auth.zip,andunzip it.A folder calledsony_dtv02B10B02B1B2_00000100will now be created in your local drive.
- Copythe folder to your USB device.
Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.
The process can take up to 5 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.
- Turn onthe TV
- Insert your USB device containing the filesony_dtv02B10B02B1B2_00000100into the USB slot of the TV set
- Using the remote control pressHOMEto open the HOME MENU
- SelectSettings,and pressEnterusing the remote control
- SelectCustomer supportand pressEnterusing the remote control
- HighlightSoftware Update > USBand pressEnterusing the remote control
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen -follow the on screen instructions
- The update will start and an orange Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV.- Do not remove the USB or turn off the TV.
- When the "Firmware update complete" message is displayed on the TV set, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update.- Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB device from the USB slot.
Check the update was successful:
- Turn on your TV and press theHOMEbutton on the remote to display the Home Menu
- Navigate toSettings,and pressEnter.
- Navigate toCustomer Supportand pressOK.
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this:SOFTWARE VERSION v8061- if the version number is v8061 or higher you already have the most recent firmware
Questions & Answers
Need more information?See our FAQs about updating firmware over the internet:
Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
Can I install an older version of Firmware?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.
During the update process the TV turns off
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new firmware.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the internet.
One of these messages appears on the TV screen: "An error occurred during the software update", or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device"
- Make sure your USB device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing thePOWERbutton on the TV set.
- Press thePOWERbutton again, and proceed with the installation process again.
"No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display
Your TV already has newest firmware version installed, so you don't need to update it.