This update program allows you to upgrade the BIOS. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems during the downloading and installation procedure.
1. Download Instructions:
- Prepare a new folder in theC:\directory to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownloadfolder.
- Download theBios Upgradefile for your VAIO model into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is completed - ClickStart, point toProgramsand clickWindows Explorer.
- ClickViewand selectDetailsto check the size of the driver - If the size is the same, your downloading was successfully completed.
- If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
2. How to create a bootable floppy in Windows XP:
- Start your VAIO.
- Once you are at the Windows XP desktop, openWindows Explorer.
- Insert a blank floppy into the floppy disk drive of your VAIO.
- Select the floppy drive letter (A:) in the left pane ofWindows Explorer.
- Right-click and selectFormat.
- SelectCreate an MS-DOS Startup Disk.
- ClickStartand then click OK - The formatting process begins.
- Once the floppy disk is formatted, a message appearsFormat Complete -Click OK.
3. How to extract the BIOS update file:
- Browse to the newly createdDownloadfolder.
- Double-click theETH1003.exefile.
- TypeA:in theUnzip to folderfield.
- Make sure that theOverwrite files without promptingoption is enabled.
- ClickUnzipand then click OK.
4. BIOS update instructions:
Important Notice :
- Before starting please assure that your VAIO is connected to the external power source using the correct power cable.
- Do not remove the power adapter or the BIOS update floppy from the floppy disk drive while the BIOS upgrade is in process.
- Do not stop the BIOS upgrade procedure while in progress.
- Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system!!
- Start your VAIO.
- Once you have booted into the Windows XP desktop, insert the BIOS upgrade floppy disk and then shut down and restart your VAIO.
- After restarting your VAIO, a screen appears asking you if you wish to proceed with the BIOS upgrade - Press theBkey if you wish to proceed, press theCkey if you want to cancel this program.
- Press theBkey - The BIOS upgrade begins.
- When the upgrade is completed, remove the BIOS upgrade floppy disk and press any key to restart.
5. How to check the BIOS version
- Start your VAIO Desktop computer.
- When the Sony logo appears, press F2 to enter theBIOS Setup.
- Check that the BIOS version is1003in the BIOS Setup.
- PressF10to exit the BIOS setup and then press ENTER - Your computer restarts.
- 32 bit
- 245 Kb