The following describes how to download and update the driver for the VIA AC"97 Audio Controller (WDM). The version of the new audio driver is 220.127.116.1121 (WinXP).
- Create a new folder on C: drive, and rename itDownload.
- Download theVIA AC"97 Audio driver updatefile for your VAIO model and save it toC:\Download.
- When download is completed, open Windows Explorer and browse to the folderC:\Download.
- Right-click the fileACS_ati_51003621.exe, and then selectPropertiesfrom the shortcut menu.
- If the driver size is the same, your download has been successfully completed, if the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and restart the download.
How to update the audio driver
- Before you start the driver installation, make sure you are logged on to your VAIO using the administrator account.
- Go toC:\Download.
- Double-click theACS_ati_51003621.exefile - TheWinZip Self-Extractorprogram appears.
- Replace the path that appears in theUnzip to folderbox withC:\Download- ClickUnzip.
- WinZip indicates that 38 file(s) were unzipped successfully - Click OK.
- ClickCloseto exit theWinZipprogram.
- Browse toC:\Downloadand double-clickSetup- TheVIA Audio Driver Setup wizard appears.
- ClickNextto continue.
- SelectInstall driver- ClickNext.
- AfterSetuphas finished copying files, aSetup Completewindow appears - ClickFinish.
- Exit all programs, and restart your VAIO.
- 32 bit
- 2.77 Mb