About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Addressed the issue in which the "No Data" or "Data Error" message is heard and playback is not available in some cases.
- Addressed other issues.
- Firmware update 1.01 for NW-WS623 / NW-WS625 (Windows)
- Version 1.01
- 50.5 MB (53,033,480 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have
- Connect the Walkman to your computer using the USB cradle (supplied).
- On your computer, check the “information.txt” file in the [WALKMAN] folder.
- The “information.txt” file contains the following information:
- 01: Model series name
- 02: System software version
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
IMPORTANT: Not supported by OSs other than specified above.
Note: [Compatibility mode] Windows 7 is not supported.
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 80 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- Windows 10 user, Windows 8.1 user or Windows 7 user, "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialogue box. Click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the announcements.
Step 1: Install the update
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer
- Read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the tick box. Then, click on the Download button.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cradle.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Do I need to download it?] section.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.01”, the upgrade was successful.