How to upgrade my Blu-ray player ?
About this upgrade (10/02/2011) :
This utility upgrades the Blu-ray player firmware to version 011 and provides the following benefits:
- BD-ROM playability improvement
If this is not your BD player model pleaseclick here to select the correct model.
Please select the method you want to use to update your Blu-ray player:
★Updating over the internet
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that you use this method to upgrade the Blu-ray player firmware upgrade.
- Please read all the information carefully and thoroughly before downloading and installing any file. Failure to follow the instructions may cause the player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- This utility isonly for use with the Blu-ray players sold within Europe.Not all models are sold in all countries.
- In order to use this upgrade method it is necessary to have the player correctly connected to an active Internet connection.
- In order to perform the firmware upgrade, it is necessary to have the player correctly connected to a compatible television.
- The firmware upgrade process usually takes about 15 to 30 minutes, depending on system configuration and network connection.
- Before you start:
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc player is connected.
- Connect the LAN terminal on the Blu-ray Disc player to your Internet source using an Ethernet cable.
- Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If there is a disc in the player, please remove the disc.
- Performing the upgrade:
- At the xross media bar™ menu, use the arrow keys on the remote control to select "Setup" - "Network Update" and then press the ENTER button.
- The message "Perform version update?" is displayed on the television.
- Select "OK" and then press the ENTER button.
- The download process starts and the download screen is displayed on the television.
- During the download the message "DL */9" is displayed on the television and on the player front panel display.Note:The "*" changes to "0" through "9," indicating the download progress.
- After the download is complete, the upgrade starts and "VUP" appears on the player front panel display.
- While the upgrade is installed the message "VUP */9" is displayed on the player front panel display.Note:The "*" changes to "0" through "9," indicating the upgrade progress.
- The firmware upgrade is complete when "FINISH" appears on the player front panel display.WARNING!! Do not operate or power off the player until this message is displayed. Doing so may cause the Blu-ray Disc player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- The Blu-ray Disc player will automatically power off.
- Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the upgrade has successfully installed.Note:If the last three digits of the version number are
the firmware upgrade was successful.
Possible issues related to the Network Upgrade
"SYS ERR" or "VUP NG" is displayed on the player front panel display.
- Push and hold the "POWER" button for several seconds until the unit power is off.
- Turn on the power of the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Please execute network upgrade procedure again.
- If the symptom does not improve after re-upgrade, pleasecontact Sony.
When running network upgrade, the television shows "Connection status cannot be confirmed" and you cannot upgrade the firmware.
The problem might be at the network connection. Verify that network settings of Blu-ray Disc player are appropriate.
- Check whether LAN cable is inserted to connector.
- Check network setting and confirm whether Blu-ray Disc player has own IP address. If you use a proxy server, type IP address of the proxy you use instead of the proxy host name in the "Proxy Server" input field.
- Then please execute network upgrade procedure again.
Power was shut down while updating.
Power on the player again. And then please execute network upgrade procedure again.
When the player is powered on after performing the upgrade, "WELCOME" or "WAIT" message appears constantly on the front panel display.
The firmware upgrade (This is not download) does not finish, after running for more than 30 minutes.