About this download
Benefits and improvements from the previous update
- Added Voice guidance for Bluetooth pairing mode
- Supporting Spotify Playback on Chromecast built-in
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Added functions:
- “Wireless Surround” now also supports SCMS-T devices when playing back music via Bluetooth
- Google Cast for Audio content:
- Google Multi Room function is now supported
- Supports the music sources sent from SCMS-T devices via Bluetooth while using the Wireless Stereo/Wireless Surround Function
- Improved functions:
- Operation and stability improvements
- Firmware update 4.02 for SRS-ZR7
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update utility is not necessary if your personal audio system has already been updated to firmware version 4.02.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
How to confirm using the SongPal application.
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone, using the Songpal application.
- Start up the Songpal Application on your smartphone.
- Select “(SRS-ZR7) xxxxxx”
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Other Settings”
- Confirm the SRS-ZR7 firmware version
- Connect the unit to the PC with a LAN cable (not supplied).
Note: Connect the speaker to a PC directly with the LAN cable.
- Connect the AC power cord (supplied) to the AC adaptor (supplied). Press the (on/standby) button, to turn the power on.
Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in pink
- Display Sony Network Device Setting on your PC
- Launch a browser
- Enter the following URL in the address bar: http://169.254.1.1
- Select the language from Language Setup, if it is displayed
- "X.XX.X.XX" is the Version on the System Software Version in Device Details Menu
Software Version, Model Name and Device name, Connection Type, Internet Access, SSID, and Security Method are samples.
There are 2 easy ways to update the firmware on your SRS-ZR7:
Internet / network
The software Update is available via internet (network). Please check the following steps.
Note: You cannot update to the latest software, if the set is NOT connected to the internet (network).
- If the power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in Green, even after pushing the power button, push the “RESET” button located at the bottom of the unit.
- Please make sure your unit is connected to a power outlet via the USB AC adaptor before starting the update.
- Connect to a power supply outlet
- Use the USB AC adapter and supplied micro USB cable to connect the unit's DC IN 5V port to a power outlet.
- Connect to the internet (network)
- Connecting using the SongPal app on your mobile device
- Connecting via WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting using a PC
- If the speaker is turned on, press the (on/standby) button, and turn it off
- Plug the AC power cord connected to the AC adaptor into an AC outlet securely
Note: The software update cannot be performed when the unit is only relying on the battery for power
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn the power on
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange. Whenever a software update becomes available, the UPDATE button lights up
- Tap and hold the UPDATE button until you hear beeps. When the software update starts, the UPDATE button starts flashing.
Note: The speaker is not operational while updating
- The blinking (interval and condition) of the UPDATE button changes during the update progress
- The UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically after the update is completed
- Check the version by following the steps described under how to check your firmware version to confirm the update has been performed successfully.
All the function LEDs are lit up?
The software update failed. Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker, then turn it on again.Make sure the speaker is connected to the internet and the UPDATE button is lit, then start updating again.
Supported Operating systems:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1 - please use it in desktop mode.
- Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Mac OS X (10.6) or later
Recording Media:USB flash: with a capacity of more than 256MB - Operation is not guaranteed for all USB flash drive.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE indicator will change according to the update’s progress. The UPDATE indicator flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed.
- Keep the speaker connected to the power supply while updating
- Do not remove the AC power cord until completing the update.
- Do not power off the power during the update.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes.
- Close all other windows and programs you are running apart from this page.
- Read the terms and conditions on this page and accept them by checking the tick box.
- Download the firmware update. The file SRS16002.UPG , 114 MB (120,082,624 bytes) will begin downloading.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer.
Note: If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1 the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer
- Copy the update files to the USB flash drive:
- Insert the initialized (formatted) USB flash drive into a USB slot on your computer
- Copy the UPDATE folder to the USB flash drive.
Update the audio system via USB:
- Connect the speaker to an AC outlet and turn it on by pressing the on/stand button
- After the POWER indicator lights green, insert the USB flash drive to USB slot of the speaker.
- Press and hold UPDATE/WPS button, and immediately tap and hold FUNCTION button. Then keep the both buttons pressing for 4 seconds until beeps are heard. - When the speaker connects to the network, UPDATE indicator might be lit in orange. Even in this case, please operate it
- the USB update starts, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange - Do not operate the speaker during this procedure.
- The UPDATE indicator (and Power indicator) will blink several times during the update.
- When the update is complete, The UPDATE indicator will turn off and the speaker will enters to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically.
Note: When you turn on the speaker for the first time after an update, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange three times.
- Check the Firmware version