About this download
Benefits and improvements from the previous update
- Improves the TV performance
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Supports HbbTV functionality (on KD-85X9505B)
- Resolves HDD recording failure for some satellite channels
- Provides important security updates for your TV
- Only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Check the software version
Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model. If you're not sure,it's easy to check which version of firmware you have follow these instructions to check it.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB memory stick
- a compatible TV
- Firmware update to v3.004 for TV
Zip File Name
- 245,771,407 bytes
Prerequisites for the update
- Follow the simple steps below to update your TV firmware. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update.
Download Destination Folder Name:
How to download the Updater:
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB stick.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file.
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 245,771,407 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
- Open Windows explorer, locate the downloaded file sony_tvupdate_2014_3004_eua_auth.zip, and unzip it.
- A folder called sony_dtv0FA40A06A0A6_00003100 will now be created in your local drive.
- Copy the folder to your USB device.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below. The process can take up to 5 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.
- Turn on the TV.
- Insert your USB device containing the file sony_dtv0FA40A06A0A6_00003100 into the USB slot of the TV set.
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions.
- The update will start and a white Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV, and the Update icon will appear on the TV screen - Do not remove the USB or turn off the TV.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update and a confirmation message is displayed on the TV set. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB device from the USB slot.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
- Navigate to Help category and press OK
- Select Customer Support and press OK
- Navigate toSystem Information and press OK
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION vXXXX- if the version number is PKG3.004.xxxx or higher you already have the most recent firmware.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating firmware over the Internet:
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of Firmware?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.
- During the update process the TV turns off.
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new firmware.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the Internet.
One of these messages appears on the TV screen: "An error occurred during the software update", or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device"
- Make sure your USB device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
"No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display.
Your TV already has newest firmware version installed, so you don't need to update it.
Your questions answered on the Twin Tuner upgrade
What are the benefits of the Twin Tuner?
Twin Tuner allow you to watch and record two channels at the same time where your service operator permits it. Please note that where a TV service needs to be descrambled - such as premium or pay-per-view channels - only one service can be descrambled at any one time, as the BRAVIA has only a single Conditional Access Module (CAM) slot.
Will the TV support also Twin Tuner for Terrestrial or Cable, as I only see one tuner input?
Yes. After the upgrade, the Twin Tuner function will work across T/C/S/S2 tuning options. For DVB-T and DVB-C there is only one aerial connection as the extra sub tuner connection is made within the TV itself. You only need two physical tuner inputs for satellite (DVB-S and DVB-S2)
Can I connect my Satellite signal to the sub tuner before installing the new software?
Yes. To connect the satellite signal to the sub tuner you can follow the steps shown on the flyer which was attached to the back of your BRAVIA.
Can I supply the Satellite signal to the main and sub tuner using a generic RF splitter?
It is not possible to split the signal to the MAIN and SUB satellite inputs using a generic RF splitter. Instead, you can do this using DiSEqC. For more help with this, contact your satellite installer.
Can I watch and record two services that are de-scrambled by CAM
The TV only has one Conditional Access Module (CAM) for de-scrambling encoded signals like premium TV or pay-per-view channels. If two such programmes are on at the same time, you'll only be able to record or view one of them.