About this download
- Firmware update to v3.865 for TV
Zip File Name
- 1,527,986,595 bytes
Benefits and improvements
This firmware update introduces Android Marshmallow to Sony's Android TV
- The following issues are resolved by this firmware:
- Continuous reboot after installing firmware version 3.843
- Voice search button not functioning after installing firmware version 3.843
- All frequencies are output from the SWF-BR100 Wireless Subwoofer
- Incorrect USB video aspect ratio display for 21:9 content
- Slow TV response rate with Astra signal
- Judder issue with HDMI Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) signal after deep standby
- Recording issue with Stofa Neotion Dual CAM
- Electronic program guide (EPG) when viewing sales or advertising (Barker) channel with video and audio enabled
- Voice command issues
- Channel list issue when importing new lists
- Network connection failure (WLAN/LAN)
- Danish mistranslations
- Danish DR issue - playback stops when closing dialog box
- When turning off the TV via the remote, audio remains on for 2-3 seconds after the screen turns off
- EPG information not available on Spanish TVE
- Slow response time on satellite channel setting screens
- Abnormal “Pop” noise when changing the channel
- TV doesn’t turn on after performing a factory data reset
- Black picture when CI+ CAM is inserted
- No picture / audio on FunBox 4K UHD satellite channel
- Blinking light appears when opening the guide
- YouTube cast issue when language is set to Hebrew
- HDMI Dynamic Range malfunction
- Issue with 'Auto picture' mode
- Football mode functionality issue after performing a power cycle
For more information on the features and improvements, please go to: http://www.sony.net/androidtv-update/.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Resolves the juddering issue when using a UHD Set-top box
- Reduces input lag for HDR Video mode
After performing the update, please change one of the following settings:
- Improves the stability of the TV
- Only for use with TV sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB memory stick
- a compatible TV
Prerequisites for the update
- Follow the simple steps below to update your TV firmware. Once you have updated, all your personal settings on the TV will remain the same.
Updating is usually very simple. Here's how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair
- Don't turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update
Download Destination Folder Name:
How to download the Updater:
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB stick
- Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file.
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop. When the update download is complete, check that the file size is 1,527,986,595 bytes. To do this, right click the file, select properties and check the size in the General tab.
- Open Windows explorer, locate the downloaded file sony_tvupdate_2015_3865_eub_auth.zip, and unzip it.
- A folder called sony_tvupdate_2015_3865_eub_auth will now be created in your local drive, and inside this folder you will find the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg)
- Copy or drag & drop the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg) to the root of your USB device
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file, you can install it on your TV. Just follow the simple steps below.
The process can take up to 15 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on.
- Turn on the TV
- Insert your USB device containing the file sony_dtvxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx (.pkg) into the USB slot of the TV set
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions
- The update will start and a white Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV, and the Update icon will appear on the TV screen - Do not remove the USB or turn off the TV.
- After several minutes, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update and a confirmation message is displayed on the TV set. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB device from the USB slot
Step 2: Check the update was successful
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu.
- Navigate to HELP > Settings, and press Enter.
- On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION vXXXX- if the version number is PKG3.865.xxxx or higher you already have the most recent firmware.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating firmware over the Internet:
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of Firmware?
To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.
- During the update process the TV turns off.
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new firmware.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the Internet.
One of these messages appears on the TV screen: "An error occurred during the software update", or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device"
- Make sure your USB device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again
- "No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display
- Your TV already has newest firmware version installed, so you don't need to update it.