About this download
Sony provides the "Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player" software.Prior to downloading this software, please read the following instructions to make certain you are comfortable with the process.
"Sony Player Plug-in for Windows Media Player" can playback the compressed voice files (dvf/msv files) that were recorded by Sony IC Recorder on Windows Media Player (Ver. 6.4 or higher).
The Software "Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player" supports ICD-SX750/SX850/SX950/PX820.
Your computer and system software must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft® Windows 7®
(Ultimate / Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic/Starter
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32bit version / 64bit version (Service Pack 1 or higher)
(Ultimate / Business / Home Premium / Home Basic)
- Microsoft® Windows XP® 32bit version (Service Pack 3 or higher)
(Home Edition / Professional / Media Center Edition 2004 / Media Center Edition 2005)
- Microsoft® Windows 2000® Professional Service Pack 4 or higher
Note: Microsoft® Windows XP® 64-bit edition is not supported.
- Microsoft® Windows 7®
- Hardware Environment:
- Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible
For Windows Vista, Pentium lll 800MHz processor or higher.
For Windows XP®/Windows 2000®, Pentium II 266MHz processor or higher.
For Windows Vista: 512MB or more
For Windows XP®/Windows 2000®: 128MB or more
- Hard disk space: 7MB or more (depending on the size and number of sound files you store)
- Sound Board: Sound cards compatible with any of the supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Display: High color (16bit) or more and 800 x 480 dots or more.
- Windows Media Player: Ver.6.4 or higher (Your computer must meet the requirements for Windows Media Player)
- The following systems are not supported:
- OS other than the ones indicated above
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot and multi-monitor environment
- Operations on all the computers of the above requirements are not always assured.
Please follow the steps below to download the file:
- Create a folder named SonyTemp on the C drive of your computer to store the downloaded file.
- Download the following file into the folder created in Step 1:PlayerPlugin2Setup_EN.EXE (6,085 KB)
- After the download is completed, check that the file is correct: open Windows Explorer and make sure that the file size is 6,085KB. If the file size is different, download the file again.
Once the download is finished, please follow the steps below to install the Sony Player Plug-in software:
- Close all applications that are currently opened.
- Browse for the file located in the SonyTemp folder on the C drive of your computer.Double-click the PlayerPlugin2Setup_EN.EXE file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer after completing the installation.
How to use
Select the dvf/msv file via Windows Explorer and double-click it. Windows Media Player is launched and playback starts.
You can also open the dvf/msv file via Windows Media Player.
Please read and accept the terms and conditions at the end of this page. When you do not accept them, Sony is not responsible for any defects that might occur.
- Please follow the procedure and use this program properly after downloading.
- This program has copyright protection. You may not transfer and copy this program, nor grant to use it within the given use by Sony.
- Please use this program correctly according to the procedure.
- 5.94 Mb