IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The following conditions can prevent the Walkman from completing a software update:
- The Wi-Fi connection status is unstable: Update in a location with a good Wi-Fi connection.
- The battery level of the player is less than 60%: Update the Walkman while it is charging and has at least 60% battery charge. If the battery is too low, the power could be turned off during the update and, as a result, the player may not restart.
- The free space of the internal shared storage is less than 2GB: Before attempting to update the software, check the capacity of the internal shared storage.
Swipe the Home screen upwards and select (Settings) — storage. If the free space is less than 2GB, increase the free space by transferring data to a computer or other device.
- The player does not proceed from the system update screen: If the system update is set to [Do not allow] in the settings, it cannot be updated. Try the following workaround:
- Select (Settings) — Apps & notifications — See all xx apps to show all installed apps.
- From the dotted menu at the top right of the screen, select Show system — System Update — Permissions.
- Turn the Storage item to ON.