IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can use the Rip function of the Windows Media Player software to import music from a CD. Once ripped to the hard drive of your computer, you can transfer the music files to your Walkman:
Tip: Imported songs are stored in the Music folder of the computer.
- Insert an audio CD into the CD/DVD drive of the computer.
- Start the Windows Media Player software.
- In the left pane, click on the CD title. A list of songs from the CD should appear.
Tip: The CD title may be listed as Unknown album. In this case, you might want to get the track titles first. If you're connected to the internet, right-click the album title and then click Update album info from the menu.
- All songs have a box next to each one of them, and they should be checked by default. If there are any tracks you do not wish to transfer, you can uncheck them.
- From the menu, click Rip CD.
Once the songs have been imported, you can transfer them to your Walkman by doing the following:
- In the left pane, under Library, click Music. A list of songs will display.
- Connect your Walkman to the computer.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Locate the tracks you wish to transfer and then drag and drop them into the Sync list area. You can drag individual songs or an entire album.
Tip: To drag the complete album, drag the album cover to the Sync list area.
- The sync process should start. If it does not start automatically, at the top of the Sync tab, click the Start sync button.