About this download
Benefits and improvements from the previous update
- Addressed the issue where characters in the WALKMAN display appear corrupted when Thai appears in the song titles, etc.
- Addressed other issues.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Improved the response when the touch panel is pressed or scrolled.
- Addressed issues where the sound was skipping or cutting out under certain conditions.
- Addressed other issues.
- Addresses a rare issue where characters may become corrupted when Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese contents are displayed
- Firmware update 1.20 for NW-A35 / NW-A35HN / NW-A36HN / NW-A37HN (Mac)
- Version 1.20
- 103 MB (108,222,137 byte)
Check the firmware version
Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.20 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the [Options/Settings] icon, in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the [Settings] menu
- Scroll until the bottom and choose the [Unit Information] menu Confirm the Model number and Firmware version
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
- OS X 10.8-10.11, macOS 10.12-10.13 (*15-03-2018)
Before you upgrade
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
- When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 200 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
- If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
Step 1: Install the update
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer
- The update program download is started by clicking on the “Download” button at the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cradle.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Do I need to download it?] section at the top of this page.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.20”, the upgrade was successful.