Step 1: Volume check
- Check the volume level on both the Walkman and headphones: they might be muted.
The following steps are to check if the problem is linked to the Walkman or the headphones.
- In the case of wired headphones, check if the headphone jack is properly inserted, or verify if they function with different playback devices.
- In the case of wireless headphones, check if they function with different playback devices. If the Bluetooth headphones are the cause of the issue,
follow basic Bluetooth troubleshooting:
- Check surrounding factors
- Unpair (forget pairing information) and Re-pair the device
- Reset the headphones
You can find more elaborate info in the Bluetooth summary underneath the Q&A section of your product page.
Step 2: Compatibility check
Verify if there is no sound for all music files. Bear in mind that an incompatible audio file should prompt an error message.
If so, you’re facing a compatibility issue. Refer to your product manual to learn about all compatible audio formats.
Step 3: Reset the Walkman
Try to reset the Walkman. Resetting/formatting/Initializing processes are explained in each product manual, available on the support website.
The example in this article describes the steps to reset the NW-A45/A45HN/A46HN/A47:
- Go to Settings (Device Settings / Basic Settings)
- Select Reset / Format
- Tap the operation that you want to execute
Important: there are several degrees of reset operations you can execute. Try the [Reset All Settings] first before moving on.
Other reset operations, such as [Restore to Factory Configuration] will erase all data and return the device to factory settings.
Step 4: Freezing or unresponsive?
Remember, this example applies to NW-A45/A45HN/A46HN/A47.
For other models, refer to the help guide or manual (It always includes a troubleshooting section).
If one of the following situations occurs, restart the Walkman:
- The Walkman does not respond to operations.
- The Walkman screen freezes.
Adequately charge the Walkman. Then, hold down the power button for 8 seconds until the Walkman restarts.