The PlayMemories Mobile app can be used to transfer supported file formats for images and videos to a mobile device, using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Still images taken in 3D will be transferred to the mobile device as a JPEG (2D) file.
- PlayMemories Mobile version 2.0 and above supports the transfer of MP4 video file.
- For PlayMemories Mobile app version 2.0 and above, the images can be transferred to a mobile device in various sizes:
- The following file formats cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the PlayMemories Mobile app:
- AVCHD movies.
- Audio files recorded using the HDR-MV1 in .WAV file.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode or HS240 mode cannot be transferred to an Apple iOS mobile device.
- Portrait orientation movies in MP4 file format with a resolution of 1080 or higher cannot be transferred using an iPhone 4 mobile digital device.
Example of movies that were recorded by the following devices that cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the PlayMemories Mobile app:
- HDR-MV1: MP4 (1920x1080)
- Action Cam: HQ mode (1920x1080)
- DSC-TX300V (1440x1080)
The images are stored in the PlayMemories Mobile folder in the Gallery when using an Android operating system. When using the iOS operating system, the images are stored in the Camera Roll.