The following settings are recommended:
- Focus mode: AF-C
- Focus area setting: Lock-on AF
Follow the steps below:
- Select an appropriate focus area for the subject.
- If the background is simple and the subject is moving actively, select Lock-on AF: Wide.
- When you can identify the range of the subject’s movement on the monitor to some extent, Lock-on AF: Zone is effective.
- If the contrast between the subject and the background is strong, or there are other objects in front of the subject and focusing fails in Lock-on AF: Wide or Lock-on AF: Zone, select Lock-on AF: Center or Lock-on AF: Flexible Spot / Expand Flexible Spot.
- Align the focusing area displayed on the monitor with the subject, and then press the shutter button halfway down.
- Once subject tracking starts, the focusing area switches to wide automatically and the camera maintains the focus. Release the shutter when the desired composition is reached.