If shooting cannot be started, the camera may display the words RCVER, MEDIA or a line of dashes (------) on the LCD screen, PRO or WAIT for the following reasons:
If RCVER is displayed, the management file of the memory card is being restored.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. If this error is displayed, do not insert or remove a memory card, and wait until the display disappears.
MEDIA flashes if the memory card is inserted in an incorrect direction.
(------) is displayed in the centre of the screen if the memory card is inserted incorrectly or diagonally or the memory card is not recognized due to dirt.
It is also displayed if a memory card has not yet been inserted.
If you encounter errors such as MEDIA or lines of dashes (----), try to eject the memory card as the terminals may be dirty, resulting in poor contact and the memory card may not be correctly recognized. Wipe the memory card terminals clean with a dry cloth or a cotton swab and reinsert the memory card.
NOTE: Do not touch the terminals or the metal objects directly. If the microSD memory card is not recognized, check if it is inserted in a wrong direction or in an inclined angle.
IMPORTANT: If the memory card is inserted in an inclined angle, the card may be stuck and cannot be ejected.
- When the LCD panel of the camera is facing downward, open the battery cover.
NOTE: This does not apply to model FDR-X1000V.
[A] If you use a microSD memory card, insert it with the printed side facing up until it clicks.
[B] If you are using a Memory Stick Micro (M2) media, insert it with the terminal side facing up until it clicks.
NOTE: You can insert the card straight and press its centre.
- Memory card failure can also be a possible cause. Try using another memory card. Inspect the camera if the same symptoms occur with more than one memory card.
If the video recording format is XAVC S, a memory card-related error message is displayed when a memory card other than recommended is attached. Use a proper memory card.
NOTE: The available video recording format and the recommended memory card vary according to the model. For details on the video recording format and the recommended memory card, check the operating instructions supplied with the camera.
WAIT is flashing while PRO is displayed on the screen.
- When XAVC S recording is set in the HDR-AS100V, PRO will display on the LCD screen. In this settings, you can only record using a memory card.
- If you insert a memory SDHC card that does not support XAVC S recording, WAIT flashes on the LCD screen. In this case, check the camera's settings and the type of card inserted.
- When recording in XAVC S, use a memory card which is Class 10 or higher.
- If the default settings for PRO is OFF, the word MEDIA will start flashing and you cannot turn ON the PRO settings if you insert a memory card that does not support XAVC S recording (such as SDHC card).
Memory card failure also can be a possible cause. If you have another memory card, try using it.
If the error message appears even when using different memory cards, the camera may require service. If you believe this to be the case, please contact us for further assistance.