IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Make sure that a memory card is inserted into the camera, and connect the camera to a web-connected computer via a USB cable with the camera set to the Mass Storage mode.
- Download the latest GPS assist data
NOTE: The file is downloaded to the Downloads folder on the computer.
- Once assistme.dat is downloaded, copy it to the \Private\SONY\GPS folder on the memory card.
NOTE: If there is no \Private\SONY\GPS folder, create one and copy to it.
- When you disconnect the USB cable, GPS Assist Data will be updated on the camera automatically.
- If the camera has a Use GPS Assist Data menu item, you can use it to confirm that GPS Assist Data has been updated.