Under certain circumstances, it is normal that the camcorder turns off automatically. For instance, if the camcorder is not used for a few minutes, it will turn off to save battery life. On most camcorders it is possible to change the power save settings in the setup-menu.
Please check the following items:
- When using the camcorder in a cold environment, condensation may occur when the camcorder is then moved to a warmer environment, preventing the camcorder from operating normally. If you have used your camcorder outside, wait a few hours in room t° until the condensation has gone.
- The temperature of your camcorder is extremely high. Turn off your camcorder and leave it for a while in a cool place.
- The temperature of your camcorder is extremely low. Leave your camcorder with the power of your camcorder on. Turn off your camcorder and take it to a warm place. Leave the camcorder there for a while, and then turn on your camcorder.
- Make sure you use genuine Sony batteries. Non original components are not guaranteed to be compatible with your camcorder.
- Fully recharge your battery pack.
It the problem persists and the camcorder also turns off when using the AC-adapter the device is probably out of order and a repair may be necessary.