Questions & Answers: 109
- Why does the camcorder turn itself off after 5 minutes?If you leave the camcorder in Standby mode for 5 minutes while the cassette is inserted, the camcorder will automatically turn off. This is to save battery power and to prevent battery and tape wear. To resume the
- How to capture DV or Digital8 video on Windows 7 and 8 computers using Windows Live Movie MakerIf you would like to transfer DV/D8 video on Windows 7 computers, you can do it by using Windows Live Photo Gallery. After the video are captured on computer, you can edit them in Windows Live Movie Maker to make
- The Infrared (IR) function of HVL-LEIR1 does not show any NightShot effect when recording.Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue. IMPORTANT: The camera must have a NightShot® function for the IR mode to have any effect in the recording. Check the instruction manual of your camera to see if it
- How to transfer DV or Digital8 videos to your PCThe information is for Windows PCs only. Using a Mac? Find out how to import from tape-based cameras with iMovie . It can be useful to transfer video footage from your Sony Handycam to a PC for editing, storing
- What are the compatible replacement batteries for my camcorder?Check the series logo on your battery (A/F/H/L/M/P/S/V), and find the new battery series which replaces your battery. Please contact your local Sony dealers to purchase the replacement batteries. A Series Replacement:
- Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories?Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories? All Sony certified spare parts and accessories are made available via our online authorised service partner EET Europarts. EET covers a vast range of
- How to transfer video to an Apple Macintosh computer using an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) or Thunderbolt connectionIMPORTANT: The following items are required to complete this procedure: The computer must have compatible video capture software installed, such as iMovie software. The computer must have a FireWire or Thunderbolt port connection
- Video tape importing guideDo you have a device that can play back your tape? Yes No NOTE: If there is mold, etc. on the video tape, do not play it back. This may cause your playback device to malfunction.
- A moisture condensation error is displayed on the viewfinder or LCD screen.Turn off the camcorder and leave it for about 1 hour in a place with little moisture, then turn it on. The camcorder can be used again if the warning indicator does not appear when the power is turned on again.