Questions & Answers: 110
- Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories?Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories? All Sony certified spare parts and accessories are made available via our online authorised service partner EET Europarts. EET covers a vast range of
- How to transfer video from a Digital8 or MiniDV camcorder to a computer running a Windows operating system.There are three connection methods for importing videos recorded on the camcorder to a computer. Check which method is suitable for your operating environment (the specifications of your computer and the camera)
- How to transfer DV or Digital8 videos to your MacYou can use Apple’s iMovie software to transfer video from a tape-based Handycam to your Mac for editing, storing or sharing. If you’re using Windows, please read our guide to transferring camcorder video to your
- How to capture DV or Digital8 video on Windows 7 and 8 computers using Windows Live Movie MakerIf you would like to transfer DV/D8 video on Windows 7 computers, you can do it by using Windows Live Photo Gallery. After the video are captured on computer, you can edit them in Windows Live Movie Maker to make
- Video tape importing guideDo you have a device that can play back your tape? Yes No NOTE: If there is mold, etc. on the video tape, do not play it back. This may cause your playback device to malfunction.
- How to transfer video to an Apple Macintosh computer using an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) or Thunderbolt connectionIMPORTANT: The following items are required to complete this procedure: The computer must have compatible video capture software installed, such as iMovie software. The computer must have a FireWire or Thunderbolt port connection
- A moisture condensation error is displayed on the viewfinder or LCD screen.Turn off the camcorder and leave it for about 1 hour in a place with little moisture, then turn it on. The camcorder can be used again if the warning indicator does not appear when the power is turned on again.
- The i.LINK (IEEE 1394) connection from the camcorder is not recognized by the computer.Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue. Make sure the digital camcorder is set up to output a signal through the i.LINK (aka Apple® FireWire® port) prior to being connected to the computer. NOTE: Not
- The power turns off or shuts down suddenly by itselfMost video cameras are designed to automatically turn off after a short period of time when not in use to help conserve the battery power. This normally occurs after the camera has been in the Standby mode for a